Friday, April 1, 2011

Walking a tightrope

5 and change on the Santa Fe trail today.  My mileage for the week stands at a whopping 15.  Good news:  hip felt OK this afternoon.  I knew it was there, but no pain.  It seems I can do flat surfaces at low intensity for now.

So what HAVE I been doing this week?
  • 800mg of Ibuprofen 5x a day.
  • Icing 2x a day.
  • Stretching 2x a day.
  • Weights.
  • Praying to various gods, deities, idols.
This is a scary time.  On one hand, I may be back to a normal workload within days.  In that case...I can't believe I lost any sleep over this.  However, there's always the risk of making things worse.  Tracking it down, I now think the intensity of my pickup 2 weeks ago in Cheyenne Mtn State Park may have been the immediate cause.  Running hills (albeit slowly) for the next three days probably aggravated it - but it wasn't until that stretch that anything felt wrong.

Five weeks till CP.

Forty school days left till playtime.  I'm already conjuring up a few adventures.  My short list:
  • Find a class 4 route between Snowmass and Capitol Peak.  I wonder if Cave Dog would tell me his route...
  • Trinity Traverse.  (Arrow, Vestal, West Trinity, Trinity, East Trinity)
  • Huron/Missouri/Belford/Oxford/Harvard/Columbia/Yale in one shot.
  • Blanca's Gash Ridge, possibly linked up with the Blanca/Little Bear traverse.
Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment